IGNORED

C110 Antenna

khughes

Unfortunately quite slow, short of picking up a rotisserie the last couple of months have been written off with various things happening.

The neighbours have been making false allegations to the council as well which isn't helping the motivation any (hey, we even get in trouble when the other next door neighbour pulls out a drill!), so all bodywork and any thing major is at a stand still.

Against better judgement, i am looking at moving all my bits and pieces into another car (which i just picked up, so far it is pretty straight and "granny spec") to try and lower the end cost on bodywork etc. but it means i am effectively starting from scratch bodywise (yet again :)). Once i find a decent body guy in Sydney to do the small rust repairs and the wheel arches again and then a place to get it sprayed at, i hope to really start moving on the project (theoretically i will then have 90% of the stuff to complete it).

My current shell, i will look at either putting all the original parts back in and storing it for later on, or selling it sometime in the future... just depends on the demand i guess.. having said that though, i would prefer to get onto the 240Z next rather than another 240k.

Edited by khughes

• 2 weeks later...

Your neighbors sound like really nasty people, it must be hard to put up with them. Sounds like you should get a industrial unit to work on the cars in.

I'd keep the both K's if you could, you never know when you need parts. A mate of mine just had his granny spec recently resprayed HR wagon hit by a chick. It now needs a new front end, poor chap only had it back for 3 months after 2 years off the road.

I've got the extra car bug like you Kent and ended up buying a VG pacer 265 sedan off a mate for $1500, couldn't pass it up. After the time blowout on the vert I'm planning to just sit on this one until the vert has been totally finished or 5 years pass, whichever comes first.

Also good news, I ended up selling my 33 for $400 more than I bought it for and only put oil and plugs into it. Who would've thought you could get paid to drive a 33 for 8 months ;)

I did actually take a look at industrial units, but for a 3 month lease, it was going to cost me $7.5K + electricity.. would rather spend that on paint :) so unfortunately we are reduced to hand tools.. it is okay, it just makes it a little slower and more relaxing (mind you spent a lot of today swapping over the engine subframe and front suspension between the cars.. i am well over the soft brake line connectors!).

I have been thinking of keeping both, but unfortunately i just don't have the room (got the z stashed away at my grandparents, and short of sending it 5hrs into the country i am out of garage space). I am not sure what i would do if anything bad happened to this car, way to much time and effort spent on it :)

congrats on selling the R33 for more, i am yet to sell a car that i actually make any money on.. good to hear that it does happen for some!

Apparently there is a skyline event (can't remember the name, it may have been the nationals) in 2012 hosted in sydney.. the car WILL be complete by then, hopefully the Z will almost be ready for that too! The Z should be super easy compared to the 240K, as i will already have everything tried, tested and sorted out!.