IGNORED

Rear Hatch Rust

Triple G'Z

As stated in my previous posts, I am just undertaking the task of rebuilding a 71 240. The rear hatch that I have has a few areas of rust, especially around the lower corners of the glass. I plan to remove the glass and do any repair work possible. Unfortunately, I think it may be beyond repair. I have searched all the classifieds, ebay, MSA, Black Dragon, and local junk yards and have yet to find any rear hatch's. Does anyone out there have any advise as to locating such a part? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Seeing where you are from, I doubt you will find any early Z's in a junkyard. Best bet is craigslist. I found a couple hatchs on there. Still not perfect but much better than what the original was. Very little surface rust. I plan on having them both stripped at a shop and using the better of the two as you never know whats under the paint,

Good luck

Hatch rust is common problem with 240Z's. My series I hatch had trailing edge cancer and body shops I consulted to repair said labor cost would be very high. Better find a replacement.

I was lucky and found a Series II '72 hatch about 100 miles from my house and it was almost rust-free....... a rare find in this area. My old series I hatch with vertical defrosters is now resting peacefully in my attic ....... someday it may be worth some bucks for the purist that only wants original parts.