(Stock Looking) Vintage Air A/C Controls – Part 3 - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

(Stock Looking) Vintage Air A/C Controls – Part 3

Featured Replies

Lastly, I need to make the control nomenclature on the facia match the new functions of the system.

I’m going to print new control labels on adhesive backed mylar and cover with clear tape. The place these over the markings on the facia plate. (See pic)

I’ll have to paint the embossed “DEF” above the bottom control black.

This is not finished yet, but it's pretty easy and should look OK.

post-15388-14150811282206_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Here's a pic of the control panel. Realized my selector switch nomenclature was not clear and went with symbols. (see pic).

I need to redo the lower strip, as it has a defect and reposition the middle strip as it's not quite straight.

post-15388-14150811310563_thumb.jpg

Looks great Julio.

My Vintage Air unit is doing great in our 97 degree weather in Florida!

Derek

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.