IGNORED

MSA Weatherstrip kit out of stock till 2011

JohnnyO

I checked everywhere today (except for Nissan OEM) and ended up buying the BD kit because I couldn't find it anywhere else. Lots of companies advertise the Precision kit but do not stock it. They must drop ship from Precision and Precision is obviously out of them.

I read on zspecialties.com that they make minor modifications to the kit that are required to ensure the doors close properly.

http://www.datsunstore.com/product_info.php/cPath/134/products_id/305

Does anybody know what these modifications are?

John

• 8 months later...

I read on zspecialties.com that they make minor modifications to the kit that are required to ensure the doors close properly.

http://www.datsunstore.com/product_info.php/cPath/134/products_id/305

Does anybody know what these modifications are?

John

I hate to reopen an old thread, but I've been curious about this...does anybody know what modifications are done to make the doors close properly?

thanks,

A while ago, I spoke with the product manager at Precision and he told me that they definitely were re-tooling the molds to make a better fit. Perhaps they run the stock out to make room for the new kit. I would call them and ask, they seem very open to questions. Go to www.prp.com.

I just installed a right (passenger) door weatherstrip, the one that goes around the body doorframe, from MSA. Made by Precision, it went on in a jiffy and fit perfectly, only had to trim about 7 inches. T'was a snap to install, and the door closes just fine.

Edited by herbsteiner

I hate to reopen an old thread, but I've been curious about this...does anybody know what modifications are done to make the doors close properly?

thanks,

I never received an answer to this question. Ended up buying the Precision seals. They fit better but the doors still dont shut "easily".

Hoping after sitting for the winter they will compress a little.

John

JohnnyO,

Thanks for the response.

I went ahead and ordered the weatherstripping kit from MSA. Yesterday I got this reply from MSA:

"We are currently out of stock on the 27 piece weatherstrip kit. It should be about six months before we receive the 27 piece weatherstrip kit in our inventory."