IGNORED

1990 300zx Engine Rebuild

kbwright

I have a 90 300zx z32 (Non Turbo) with engine problems, sound like rod noise (180K miles). Any suggestions on best way to go, either rebuild (keep numbers matching) or go for a rebuilt crate engine? I live in Delaware and I'm looking for someone local that could possibly rebuild it for me. So far I found a company PrecisionEngine.com in Houstin Tx that will rebuild it for me if I ship it to them for about $2,700, comes with a 3 year 36K warranty. Anyone heard of Precision Engine?

Thanks for any help here!

I have a 90 300zx z32 (Non Turbo) with engine problems, sound like rod noise (180K miles). Any suggestions on best way to go, either rebuild (keep numbers matching) or go for a rebuilt crate engine? I live in Delaware and I'm looking for someone local that could possibly rebuild it for me. So far I found a company PrecisionEngine.com in Houstin Tx that will rebuild it for me if I ship it to them for about $2,700, comes with a 3 year 36K warranty. Anyone heard of Precision Engine?

Thanks for any help here!

If it were me I'd be looking into a Nissan short block. Last time I checked you could get them for about the same price as a rebuild. They are very stout engines in stock form. I daily drove a 1991 twin turbo with a stock bottom end and big turbos, big injectors, big intercoolers, etc. for 10 years without a single engine issue. Shockingly fast car. It had 175K miles when I sold it last year. I believe the bottom end of the turbo is the same as the NA just different pistons and oil squirters. When the engine is that good...just go stock.

Edited by steve91tt