IGNORED

panel reinforcement

steve91tt

I have a few interior panels with cracks so I broke out the epoxy and fiber tape to reinforce the back...

post-20531-14150811194244_thumb.jpg

For the warped parts of the panels I stabilized the crack with clamps. I used release paper over the patch so the clamps don't stick while the glue dries.

post-20531-14150811194532_thumb.jpg

Lots more little cracks to do but so far my test piece seems to be stiff enough for interior panel duty.

post-20531-14150811193653_thumb.jpg

post-20531-14150811193959_thumb.jpg

Edited by steve91tt

It looks as if I will be doing this in the near future. I have a question...Why do only one side? Would it not be stronger doing both sides? I realize that you would have to remove the vinyl, but...Just asking?

Cheers, Mike

It looks as if I will be doing this in the near future. I have a question...Why do only one side? Would it not be stronger doing both sides? I realize that you would have to remove the vinyl' date=' but...Just asking?

Cheers, Mike[/quote']

Yep, both side would be best. I did not like the risk of messing up the vinyl/foam so I went with just the back side. If it fails in the future I'll end up taking it apart.

Hey guys... here is an alternative that worked for me. I took Fat Mat the foil backed sound deadening material and applied it on the backside of the interior panels. It worked perfect for strengthening the panel and repairing the weakened areas around the holes where the clips fit. Plus it helped with noise and heat.

Edited by Jackhammer