Another case of "what seals are these?" - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Another case of "what seals are these?"

Featured Replies

I don't have a picture just yet, but there are two circular holes, both in slightly raised squares of metal on either side of the spare tire bowl on the floor of the trunk. Do I need grommets for those holes? I dug through MSA trying to guess what they might be called but didn't find anything obvious.

Caps, they cover the access hole for the Bumper Shocks, if they're the ones I think you are referring to.

E

  • Author

My car is a '72, no bumper shocks. I'll get a picture tomorrow, if nothing else I can slap some gorilla tape over the holes.

The holes were there long before the bumper shocks were put into the car.

My 71 has the holes I'm referring to.

E

  • Author

Here's a picture, the hole is at the lower left. The raised squares of metal are actually flat metal with raised insulation around them, that was my own faulty memory at work. I can touch the top of the gas tank through them.

DSCI0933.jpg

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.