IGNORED

Anyone want to lend a hand?

71Nissan240Z

I have not been around in a while, Ive been busy. Working on an IS300 project at the moment. Since its no longer raining and sunny most of the time. I decided to start driving my Z car for the summer again.

I need to know if anyone local in the beaverton Oregon or Hillsboro area are willing to take a quick peak at my carbs. Someone with an air flow meter so I can balance them and then sync the carburetors together.

The car seems to be running reasonably good. Except at lower rpms it has a very slight miss-fire and at higher rpms it shakes under full load. It also diesels from time to time, but since I've been running premium gas, it has stopped.

Fast facts about my car are:

71 240z with L28 block P79 Head out of a 1981 280z

SU Twin Carbs

Rebuilt engine and tranny with 5k on the clock.

Im off work this Wednesday Thursday and friday.

I also did meet Richard from NorthwestZ.org, he has a yellow 240z. Seems like a great guy, I really like his car too.

Thanks guys!

If you do find a good shop, I'd be curious to hear about it. I live in Portland as well, and recently acquired a 77 280Z. Don't need to worry too much about carb tuning since its EFI, but it'd be nice to have someone to go to if I get in over my head ...

Sorry, that wasn't super helpful :)

If you do find a good shop, I'd be curious to hear about it. I live in Portland as well, and recently acquired a 77 280Z. Don't need to worry too much about carb tuning since its EFI, but it'd be nice to have someone to go to if I get in over my head ...

Sorry, that wasn't super helpful :)

Im the complete opposite, im pretty much an expert with ECU's and EFI. But a total idiot with carbs:mad:

There are certainly a lot of knowledgeable members here in your area and I suspect you can find someone who'd help out for a beer or two. If not you guys are fortunate to have nearby a company that specializes in these carbs.

Yeah, I could always make the 45min trip to Ztherapy, but believe it or not, I dont have a lot of time. Married, two small kids...both parents work full time. My car has been sitting outside since 7am waiting for a front brake pad change....LOL

Im the complete opposite, im pretty much an expert with ECU's and EFI. But a total idiot with carbs:mad:

Good to know at least! Wish I could help with your carb issues. I'd be willing to offer moral and beer support at least.