Intake Manifold Question - Fuel Injection - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Intake Manifold Question

Featured Replies

I have an N47 Head with F/I. I noticed that there seems to be 2 different types of Intake manifolds. One that looks like it has 6 separate tubes and the the other (like i have) with the tubes all webbed together. Is there a difference. I would also like to get rid of the EGR seeing how i have headers and i dont need to smog it. Is there any suggestions for performance and/or for looks. That EGR is sooo ugly!!! Thanks guys

the non webbed one is from an earlier 280. The 75 and 76 models have the open intake design with a heat shield between the exhaust manifold and the bottom of the intake.

  • 7 years later...

So here's the search function hard at work, I found a very old thread that answered part of my question, but not all of it. So, I figured I'd add to it despite it happily collecting a pension at this point.

I'm researching EFI setups. It's already been established that the webbing serves as a heat shield if I understand correctly.

My second question is, for a naturally aspirated L28, is there any reason the squished & tapered intake shape like this one linked below:

zx.jpg

would breathe any differently from the fatter, more rounded ones that I've also seen? An example is below.

zx2.jpg

Is either one preferrable for tuning? Thanks, everyone.

Edited by BTF/PTM

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.