IGNORED

flapping car covers?

tttz

tttz,

I've had two custom car covers that were made of a flannel type material and they had plastic grommets at the bottom near the doors for a cable that you pass under the car and a lock into place to keep it from blowing off and to keep people from taking it.

If yours doesn't have this setup, try finding the plastic grommets at a fabric or hardware store. You can probably use bungie cords if your'e not concerned about theft.

Good luck,

Rob

Originally posted by tttz

Does anyone have any experience with wind causing their custom fit car cover to flap against the car and damage the finish? if so, are there any tricks to prevent this flapping?

thanks!

Thanks Rob,

Did you experience any damage to the paint from windy conditions?

No, not really. I lived in Orange Co. and Ventura, Ca. when I used them and it does'nt get very windy in those places.

As I recall, when I lived in Vallejo and worked in San Francisco, up your way, it got REALLY windy at times!

If you're going to secure the cover underneath, make sure you since it up tight and you should be OK.

Rob