IGNORED

MSD-6A running direction from 280zx dizzy with no igniter module?

BTF/PTM

Ok folks, here is a question I'm really hoping is answered in my favor, becuz if it is it will make up my mind quite well. I have been reading a few threads like the one below that say the following:

One can run a 280ZX electronic distributor in a 240z WITHOUT any igniter module attached to it if running it in conjunction with an ignition control box such as the MSD-6A.

I have come to the undeniable conclusion that going with the 280ZX distributor system using the E12-80 module isn't feasible. At $300 or more per module, I could have gone with something way more racy after just one failure.

If this is in fact true, then I'd be very interested in pursuing the idea.

I've chosen not to address many of the other options so as not to clutter up the core of the thread. Once I can get a definitive answer on this one, then I'll address other stuff :)

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33374&highlight=MSD

Yes, as I said in the other thread, you can run the wires from the ZX pickup coil to the Ford pickup pigtail on a 6AL (I would assume the 6A has the same thing) and it will run fine. I'm not sure why the other threads where I said I had done this weren't good enough, but for the record again, yes, it works.