IGNORED

72 Question??

Guest frenchy13

Guest frenchy13

I am new to 240Z. I have a chance to buy a 72 240z. The Z was hit hard in the front driver side. I am pretty sure the frame is bent. The engine looks good and the interior is in good shape also. I can get it for around $400.00. I would like to rebuild it but I was wondering if I should just buy this one at part it out. Any info would help!!!! Also is it possible to straighten the frame?

frenchy13: It is possible to straighten a Z frame, but as with all frame straightening....it is EXPENSIVE!!! Un less the car is perfect in all other areas (ie NO rust, perfect interior and mechanicals, it is probably not worth the time & $$ to fix it. For $400 it sounds like a better choice would be to buy it & use the parts to make a sound STRAIGHT framed Z into a perfect one. Of course, opinions vary, but this is mine. Good luck.

------------------

Carl Stahlnecker

72 240Z "Bambikiller"

cstahlnecker@hotmail.com

bambikiller240@altavista.com