280Z exhaust changes - Exhaust - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

280Z exhaust changes

Featured Replies

I'm 2 weeks into ownership on this car and there's a ways to go. It has 2 glass packs, but the routing on the pipe takes it under the differential, slightly left. I can lift the pipe and it hits the diff. So today I had the shop look at it.

Turns out the front glass pack had a pipe shoved all the way thru, making it like no muffler at all. And the glass pack in the rear was turned backwards. So I had them take the front pack out and brought back new pipe, routed correctly around the diff, and attached the rear pack the right way around. It breathes a bit better now, and looks better too.

Edited by Davey G

I would bet that the 1st glass pack with the pipe though it was an attempt at a resonator!

  • Author
I would bet that the 1st glass pack with the pipe though it was an attempt at a resonator!

Possibly. It was ugly under there.

I don't know if this will help, here are a couple of pictures of my 76 stock exhaust.

post-13827-14150810246615_thumb.jpg

post-13827-1415081024688_thumb.jpg

post-13827-14150810247109_thumb.jpg

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.