N/A into a TURBO - Page 2 - Parts Swapping - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

N/A into a TURBO

Featured Replies

HELLO MY NAME IS CESAR AND ALSO HAVE START A PASSIONATED LOVE FOR THIS MISTYC MACHINE (280Z) ...DURING ONE OF MY SEARCHES ABOUT THE VEHICLE , I GOT THIS ONE , ACTUALLY THATS WHAT I WANT TO DO .. BUY AN STOCK 77 280Z L28 AND STICK AN L28ET ON IT ,

I HAVE READ GOOD FEED ABOUT IT.

HOPE THE LINK IS HELPFUL IN A WAY..

THANKS

AND HOPE HEAR FROM YOU GUYS

http://atlantaracing.tripod.com/turboz/Turbo_280Z.html

:cool: I have run a E-31 with bigger valves in it on a 240Z block and didn't have any problems with it. It is now on a 280Z block in the same 240Z. I was running a 3/4 cam in it and tripple weber (45 mm) carbs on it. While it was on the 240Z block with no overbore. Heads were ported and polished by Heads by Paul in Denver, CO. It should work with the turbo system. I would recommend a thicker head gasket to lower the compression some. Other than that it will work. Only problem I have had with it, was some cracking between seats due to lose of coolent. With the new welding methods out there we were able to save the head and put it back into service. Hope the info will help. Rich.:classic:

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.