IGNORED

Rear Sway Bar Question

tlorber

Does anyone have a picture showing an installed MSA rear swaybar? I'm almost done recoating my suspension parts, and then I'll be ready for the bar. This is for a '73.

My main questions are regarding front to back and up/down orientation.

Thanks.

Todd the -73 have brackets there for rear sway bar, i dunno if the MSA is the one that goes behind the mustache bar, maybe a 260Z one will work on your Z, if you get one for the original brackets, it can't really be mounted wrong.

Chris

My car does have the brackets for the bar that later came on the 260's. However the MSA bar mounts differently. You have to drill holes through the floor and the bracket goes right under a transverse frame member (as described in their instructions). MSA said they prefer the support provided by the bracket location for their bar.

As to whether the bar goes behind or in front of the mustache bar, I can't answer, which is why I'm looking for a picture.

FWIW. I have a '73 with the mount points. When I ordered my rear bar from MSA I ordered one for a 260. MSA included the mount tabs and bolts at my request. It fits perfectly with NO drilling through the floor. Call MSA and exchange your bar for a 260 one with mounting hardware. It will only cost you some shipping.

Cheers, Mike

Thanks for the input guys. I bought the sway bars as a kit from MSA with both bars together. They didn't seem very receptive to swapping anything out-I asked a few times since I was tired of waiting 2 months for delivery.

Zsaint-that looks like the bar I have. I'll have to blow the pics up for detail. Did you have any interference issues? It looks like the bar sits slightly above the cross member that the diff sits on.

By the way, that rear rotor conversion looks nice. Was there much adaptation required for that? Were you able to use the original master cylinder?

The bars fit on w/o any interference. No problems.

These are Corvette rotors and calipers.(90-96) I did use a 15/16 M/C. (reverse brake lines, F & R) The only trick was the emergence brake cables. Had to design a new system for the cables. I would not want to try and hold the car on a 20% incline! The Z E-brake holds OK on normal roads, however.