IGNORED

Replacement Steering Joints

preith

This thread at Hybridz got me thinking I should post something here. http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=127778

It's been a few years since I put the group buy together so just an FYI. As OEM replacements are NLA through nissan, for those of you with loose steering joints and are not too worried about factory originality there are replacements available through Woodward. To the best of my knowledge they are the only company stateside who produces a 28 spline joint to mate to the Nissan rack.

It seems most joints wear at the rack first, in which case one can cut the old off and weld the new joint directly to the steering shaft (smooth bore weldable unit).

The splined both end joints are an alternative when both joints are suspect, and are great for a race only app where elimination of the steering column is desired.

Part numbers are:

UA201113, .540x28 (Nissan rack side) x .750-20 spline

UA113160, ..540x28 (Nissan rack side) x .556 (smooth bore weldable)

There are some good install pics on the hybrid thread above.

Edited by preith
sp