IGNORED

260z will not stay running

rooster287

Purchased a very stock 260z (auto trans, flat tops). Was not getting fuel to carbs so I replaced the mechanical pump, new fuel filter and fixed electric pump.

Was getting gas to carbs but car would still not run. Checked compression and got good numbers across the board.

Checked timing and discovered it was not showing up on my gun. Turns out the PO had the plug wires in the wrong positions. Corrected that.

Car now turns over runs for about 10 seconds and dies out. Decided i'd dump the flat tops and replaced them with some early model round tops. Also removed all the extraneous smog stuff.

With the new carbs i'm having a very similar problem. Crank the car over, it starts and runs (poorly) for about 10 seconds. Throttle is totally unresponsive.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Since I went through getting my car running the last few months, I also would recommend that you watch your fuel pressure at the carburetors to be sure the fuel is making it to them.

I do agree to check your ignition components. Make sure the points have no pitting

Just curious, are using the choke when you're starting the car with the round tops?