unisyn trouble on SU's - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

unisyn trouble on SU's

Featured Replies

Sorry guys I spent hours looking for this problem on the search and forums but cant find it.. Im trying to get my carbs set with the unisyn but there is one problem.. The front carb doesnt read unless I have mypalm on it and the rear reads fine.. So does anyone knwo whats going on here? I thought it was the tool but its not. I put my palm and it sucks in but the rear sucks in like it wants to eat my hand..

Any input whats going?

Thanks for the help guys

Your two carbs are so far out of sync that the front carb isn't doing anything. Try to begin your adjustments with the front carb.

I was getting the same problem on my original carbs. I even used just palm suction to try to balance them. It turned out that the throttle shaft on the back carb was worn and sucking air. Try spraying carb clean at the throttle shafts where they enter each carb while the engine is running. If they are leaking, the car will stall. Z THERAPY to the rescue!!! Two new carbs and no more problems with balancing.....

post-1637-14150809307929_thumb.jpg

  • Author

oh really?man I thought I was going nuts,.. Anyways the carbs are rebuilt and I guess I will order the Ztherapy video..here is a picture of my engine

post-18649-14150809308325_thumb.jpg

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.