mystery wires - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

mystery wires

Featured Replies

I have a 73 that I have been working on. The PO had a small column mounted tach which I disconnected. He had the light wired to the driver's side parking light. Removed. I updated to a Pertornix module and in the process found a green wire and a black/yellow stripe wire cut off inside the harness that carries the wires to the temp sensor and distributor. Anyone know what they are for? My step father drove the car from Memphis to Phoenix with no problems. I still need to tackle the non-working stock tach. He also had an aluminum radiator with an electric fan haywired in. I removed all that and installed a 3 core radiator. I have a picture posted of the wires in question in My Z Photos.

Thanks

Edited by 2Forty
even more info

I believe it is for the EGR stuff, what intake manifold /balance tube do you have?

Chris

  • Author

I swapped on a set of three screw round tops of my 72.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.