balance tube to linking rod - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

balance tube to linking rod

Featured Replies

What is the secrect to removing the connecting rod that goes from the balance tube to the linkage on a 72 Z. I getting ready to remove the head and can't seem to get this off. I don't want to break it. looks like plastic ends.

It does just pop off. To avoid breaking it spray some Armoral on it for lube. You could try warming it up with hot water on a rag. Push with your thumbs don't pry on it with any tools.

ArmorAll for lube? That's a new one.

Edited by =Enigma=

I take a pair of needle nose plyers and wedge under it, gently rocking back and forth till it pops off.

Bonzi Lon

  • Author

Thanks guys I will do it tonight. Did not want to break it.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.