IGNORED

Registration pins restoration

fuzze

Evening all , as the title says has anyone come up with a system \ fix for the broken pins on the emblems . I have a feeling that I might be out of luck on this one but there are some very bright people around this site and they might have come up with a fix that doesn't include taking my wallet out again . My originals had been glued on from the PO and are in great shape otherwise , but I would rather not go that route if I can help it .

Thank you for any advice and help .

Chris

Are you inferring that your emblems are worth saving? :) Most of us who have broken emblem pins, the emblems themselves have deteriorated on the exterior as well, to the point that they're not worth saving.

If your emblems are worth saving, then you could use a thin double-sided tape to secure it to your car. If you need to remove it later, take a plastic kitchen spatula and carefully slide it underneath the emblem. If there is any tape left on the paint, you can rub it off with your fingers. I've done this before. I have also removed double-sided tape from sheetrock using this method, with no damage to the wall. The key is being patient and very careful.