IGNORED

Noddles 240K coupe

Noddle

Nice find! and so cheap! I had a GC110 here in Japan back in the day, it rusted out pretty bad so I got rid of it. I have a Hakosuka now. Well, one on the road, another in the garage, and a s30 too. I wouldnt mind getting a Australian spec KenMary and bring it back to Japan... can you find another?!?

Nice find! and so cheap! I had a GC110 here in Japan back in the day, it rusted out pretty bad so I got rid of it. I have a Hakosuka now. Well, one on the road, another in the garage, and a s30 too. I wouldnt mind getting a Australian spec KenMary and bring it back to Japan... can you find another?!?

Sorry, it took me like 4 years to find this one.. and if I did find another one cheap enough I would buy it for spares, ( put a cover on it, and store).

Nigel

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Do the Coupes use a mechanical or electrical fuel pump ?, since the engine has been swapped (L26) I don't know if the original engine had a mechanical pump or not, but on mine, it has a fuel filter holder on the shock tower, I know my 3 other sedans do not have that.

I finally got it running Sunday, a fair bit of wizz farting around, it would fire every now and again, and not run, in the end I found out the fuel line is blocked some where (in the steel line), and 60PSI of air pressure would not budge what ever is in the line, also I found the metal part in the coil (the bit in the hole) was rusted away, and in the end I found the points were stuffed, I fitted my electronic distributor (spare from my other car when I went waste spark), turned the key, fired straight up..

I made $2.00 from my daughter who said it wouldn't go.. :-)

but in the end she made a few $$ from helping me.

I was looking at some of the picture my daughter took, this one may upset some people who are looking for any type of 240K

http://noddle.110mb.com/My%20Datsun%20240K%20Coupe%20-%20KHGC110/slides/100_8540-2304.html

Nigel

post-12467-14150808761922_thumb.jpg

post-12467-14150808762262_thumb.jpg

Edited by Noddle

I see in the pics that you also have a R30 hatch, don't suppose you want to sell it. I am after a rear disc conversion for my brother R30. He brought a MINT, and i do mean mint, still like new, no rust all original, perfect not a scratch, DAM nice R30, one owner full service history for 1800 in Lton. I sold my old DR with rear discs 10 year ago and still kicking myself.

If you know anyone with a R30 hatch in manual for sale let me know PLEASE I have cash ready to go.

TA

I see in the pics that you also have a R30 hatch, don't suppose you want to sell it. I am after a rear disc conversion for my brother R30. He brought a MINT, and i do mean mint, still like new, no rust all original, perfect not a scratch, DAM nice R30, one owner full service history for 1800 in Lton. I sold my old DR with rear discs 10 year ago and still kicking myself.

If you know anyone with a R30 hatch in manual for sale let me know PLEASE I have cash ready to go.

TA

The MR30 pretty much stripped of anything that will / might fit my 240K, including the engine, EFI, diff, rear disks, axles, front struts (soon), some of the wiring harness, the dash has been pulled out (but still have it)

The body is good nick, and doesn't have any rust as far as I can see

Nigel