Dash wiring harness/ What is this? - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Dash wiring harness/ What is this?

Featured Replies

In order to ship my cracked dash to Dashboard Restorations I had to remove the wiring harness. I tagged and labeled everything—until I came across this….

Does anyone know what this device is and where it goes? It is attached to the driver's side of the dash wiring harness.

post-17418-1415080855206_thumb.jpg

The flasher unit for the hazards. Can't recall exactly where it attaches, off hand. But somewhere on the right side of the car.

  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure, but it also could be the flasher unit itself (at least it looks like mine). Its mounted below the dash on the mounting hardware of the steering axle. The cable colors are white and green.

What are they charging you to restore your dash? My 76's dash needs work.

  • Author

Thanks for the input everyone!

Ken--

Total cost for redoing the dash is $850. I'm also having them do the console for $195.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.