Hood Vents - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Hood Vents

Featured Replies

Searched, but I'm not sure if I read it here or another "Z" site, but there was a disscussion about these vents (pic). For those interested they are being sold on ebay for $125 a pair.

post-11781-14150808537487_thumb.jpeg

Not sure that I get your post...are you looking for hood vents or are you the one selling those? If so, I apologize for the upcomming comments. Those aren't OEM (duh!) and don't look as good as OEM, in fact, they look ricey (IMO) and only fit a 77-78 hood. But, like I said, I might have missed the purpose of this post.

Edited by sblake01

Damn Stephen, I was all set to buy those until I read your ricey comment :)

Ricey? It IS a japanese car afterall. I like them and am considering them for my 77 turbo car. Maybe they will match my ricey wheels.........

I believe they were discussed at Hybrid Z with regards to reducing underhood pressure. I know they were tested in the windtunnel and shown to have a positive effect, rendering them riceless in my opinion.

For my money I'd buy some "alligator tooth" style vents, which are better at reducing underhood pressure, but probably more ricey looking.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I'm not suggesting not to buy them if you like them. I did state 'IMO' and I even apologized prior to the comment in an attempt not to ruffle any feathers....I guess that failed!:)

  • Author

No need to apologize, as stated, I recalled a disscussion about the vents, they were being sold on ebay, and I am in no way connected with their sales. I repect your opinion Sblake as they are definately not OEM for purists sake. However, for those not so inclined I think they look good, but a little pricey IMO.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.