IGNORED

I'm back with another Z

joker72z

Well I sold my '72 last October and it nearly killed me since I had waited Soooo long to get one in the first place. Almost a year later and a move across the country from Vancouver to Toronto and I have found another car that will help ease the withdrawls.

This car is decent but has issues that I need to address sooner or later. In it's lifetime one of the previous owners did some extensive body work and the car now sports fiberglass fenders and both quarters are FG as well. The quarters look pretty good but those old FG fenders really need to go. It has an L28 (N42) installed with the E88 intake and SU's and stock 4 spd. The interior is in really decent shape with the exception of the drivers 1/4 window trim was cracked as well as the back tail light panel. I bought both from ebay and will replace them as soon as they arrive. The car has older ATS wheels that remind me of the cromodora style wheels but I am thinking of moving up to 16's for a fuller look and more grip.

Paint is maybe a 6 out of 10 but that is the last thing on the list until I get it tuned properly, steering and suspension checked out and all the little gremlins worked through.

I hope you like it...so far, I do.

As for goals with this car....get it running right and enjoy the last few days of sunshine before the winter season comes. I can plan over the winter what kind of changes will be made.

post-15533-14150808283362_thumb.jpg

post-15533-14150808308232_thumb.jpg

post-15533-1415080830886_thumb.jpg

post-15533-1415080830945_thumb.jpg

post-15533-14150808310044_thumb.jpg

post-15533-14150808310627_thumb.jpg

post-15533-14150808311363_thumb.jpg

post-15533-14150808311934_thumb.jpg

post-15533-14150808312531_thumb.jpg

post-15533-14150808313125_thumb.jpg

Edited by joker72z

I saw those posted earlier...Vito had a nice 240Z that apparently he sold to someone in Vancouver. I'm guessing he kept these for a rainy day. My quarters are actually nicely done but I am looking for a good set of fenders.

Where are you in Ontario?

Chris

My buddy used to live in Chatham...I've been there many times and never saw a zed. Maybe it was because I was always out at night and drinking too much. I've scoured the Ontario z car, TIZCC and everywhere wlse looking for fenders...I'm going to have to go south to the US but that's fine.

I like your car...always loved the lime/yellow colour

Welcome back Joker72z. Like the new car. Silver has always been one of my favourite Zed colours. I'm sure you'll enjoy getting the new ride running. Your old car is being well cared for and just purchased a new place, in large part to provide it a proper garage for the winter. Those floor pans you provided might even make it in this year. :-)

Take care,

Martin

Hi Martin....Glad to hear from you. The car looks oddly different without the white 240Z decal but I like it. I'm glad to hear you got her safely home and things are moving forward. I am seriously considering painting this one black as well once all the mechanicals are addressed. I think I'll get the same wheels only 16's this time around....re-create the one you bought.

did you have a good summer with the car?

Cheers,

Chris

hey Chris,

Drove the car out of BC in May but took an excursion over to the Island then down to Oregon and back through Washington and northern Idaho into BC. Had some issues with the valve train knocking but had a couple of rocker arms replaced in Spokane. We made it back home with few issues. I then learnt a few lessons when replacing the head :-)

Been having a lot of fun with the car. The headlight wiring harness and alternator you provided were put on before the trip home. I've just had the header ceramic coated so that might find its way on this winter. I also thought there was a leak in the gas tank so I ordered new vent lines and had the tank coated. Turns out it was simply a cracked filler hose. :-). This car has been a lot of fun and I hope to keep it on the road for many summers to come. I'm sure the same will be true of your new car and I look forward to seeing it with 16" rims. Black is a great colour on the Zed, but you can't go wrong with silver too.

Cheers,

Martin

Hi Martin,

Glad to hear the tank didn't leak but I'm surprised you had to replace rocker arms...When I had my guy inspect the head and change the cam, he didn't mention this at all. Did you drive through the gorge coming from Idaho at all? I did that drive and it's beautiful country....I'm sure your road trip was a good one.

My car is not without issues...I just found out the carbs need to be rebuilt and of course there is always bodywork to be done. The floors are good now thanks to Por-15 and power mesh. I'm thinking I'll either paint it a pure silver like the BMW's or Mercedes silver OR....midnight black with another white stripe down the side. I'm leaning towards silver right now to make the job of shooting the jambs easier.

Enjoy the car...keep up the good work and drop a line every now and then. I love seeing the old girl is getting taken care of.

Chris