IGNORED

Hatch Lock question

Fletch

On the 71 240 I used to have I had to replace the back hatch (lock was damaged as well as the hatch) and wanted the key to fit all locks so I took the hatch lock apart and by using the key I wanted to work with it I was able to rearrange the order of the flat things the key shoves over when it is inserted into the lock. It is good to take that thing apart in a very small enclosed space due to risk of flying small springs (a shower with drain covered?). The flat things have to line up even with the side of the cylinder for the key to open the lock if memory serves. I had to delete one or two of those flat things as well as I couldn't get all of them to line up using my key no matter which flat thing slot I put them in. The deletion slightly reduced the security of the lock (easier to pick) but I never had a problem with it.

Mike

Random blast from the past, but can I ask how you got the hatch lock open to rekey it?

Our local locksmith said with it being a sealed unit he couldn't do this, but seems on here many have done!

Cheers!