IGNORED

Has anyone used paint from Trinity 1945/Paint for cars .com

balaguy

i got some but yet to use it.. going on my 91 rx7 daily driver tuner car.. not really a show car. Got the cheap single stage white they offer because a friend of mine who sprayed a few cars with it said its good. Take into fact we are not going for show car or show room quality or restoring 30+ year old Zs, so it might not be for everyone. Ive yet to see this stuff in person as I havent seen my friend in a while.

• 2 weeks later...

heres my semi update for you....

wlajvk.jpg

i went with their non-sanding acrylic enamel primer and shot it on my car

dwatc3.jpg

(excuse the pic, i was wet sanding the primer here and couldnt help but take a picture in the middle of it LOL*

First time I shoot a spray gun, so I really cant give you any comparisons on their primer or paint, but I will keep you updated on my progress using their products.

of course i cleaned and prepped everything best I could, given the risky environment im in, its not gonna be super show car, but will be great street car, and 5million times better then what the car was before *prior owner sanded down the upper portion to bare metal and clear coated it for a 2 tone look, i dunno why he did that, more bitch work to prep*

Tomorrow I will be shooting the paint. Any imperfections should be minimal/ ease to remove with future color sanding down the line.

Edited by Hypertek

Just wondering? Did Venus run off? Her shell looks empty in the background. There's nothing quite like a backyard paint job. My first painting experience was my 71 land rover using single stage PPG. I could only afford a pint or two of paint at a time. Every can was slightly off so each panel had a different tint. Still looked great in comparison to the original condition. 15 years later the paint is showing seriously it's age. Of course, it never saw a wax job either.

akgwmo.jpg

its a backyard paint job, some orange peel and a run here and there.. but should be able to take em out with color sand.

the beauty of this paint is its cheap, can always refinish again in the future by ordering some more.

Edited by Hypertek