IGNORED

turbos

potasiumlegsman

Ok I'll start the ball rolling.......

If you want a turbo on your 240z L24 you have to get:

an exhaust manifold for the turbo and exhaust to bolt onto.

an intake manifold, theres 3 ways to do it blow through, or suck through I believe, though I havent bothered reading anything about either because option 3 is the best, Fuel injection. Hey you never said how much money you want to spend!

you'd have to tap the block to get an oil supply fot the turbo, and water for cooling has to come from somewhere as well.

Size of the turbo would depend on engine capacity and compression and how much boost you wanna run.

Turbo engines generally run lower compression that non turbo engines.

How many turbos can you put in?????

Yeah so its not as easy a just bolting on a turbo.

Probably easier to souce a 280z turbo engine and do a swap.

Mr C

Agreed, L28 turbo by far the easier and cheaper option...if u did want to keep the L24 though, best to go with a T3 (garrett sizing), or something perhaps a little larger (though a T3 would be the most 'streetable' option. Get the engine rebuild with 8:1 compression pistons (or head gasket thickened), and for sure get FI (motec is best!). Get the injectors from a 13B rotary (or the manifold with injectors from a L28T (I think it fits?!)) and make a custom intake and you'll be laughing...oh, and fit at least a 3" exhaust...the bigger the better with a turbo engine...

Or you could get an L28 (and fit a unichip piggieback computer to tune it properly(!))...know what i'd do!:classic:

Hope this helps!(?)

Cheers ppl!