IGNORED

Exterior Door Skin Removal/Installation

JohnnyO

I found some filler as I stripped the doors on my car this past weekend. It looks like the guy had a dent on each door about 5 inches up from the bottom. The body shop drilled and pulled then filled. This is unacceptable to me. There were also numerous door dings that were filled.

I found some full skins that I am considering purchasing. Was wondering if anyone has experience removing and replacing these and if they could give some insight.

Looks like the tops are spot welded and the other 3 sides look like the just slide into place. Maybe they have a tack here and there but I couldn't tell.

Any help would be great.

John

I'd also like to know where you found door skins.

Thanks for the input. I will let you know where I got them after my order is filled ;) Still haven't heard back on availability yet.

If you are interested let me know. Maybe we can get a better price. Right now they are about $270.00 per side.

John

Try

https://rsp-secure.com/rarespares/default.asp?car_type=34A&model=DATSUN%20240Z%20260Z

The US to Australian exchange rate is currently is about $1 USD = $1.25 AUD so the door skins are about $195 USD each + shipping.

A friend and I bought rear hatch sill panels a few months ago (exchange was 1 to 1.55 then) and it was about $161 for 2 (yes that's *2*) including shipping. A door skin will probably be quite a bit more shipping wise and the exchange rate isn't as good now. I haven't installed it yet but the part looks identical to the one on the car except where the hatch latch striker sticks through. The hole is a little smaller so that's easy to massage.

Steve

Steve,

I emailed them through their site 2 times in a week and never got a response. Did you call them to place your order or did you just order over the web? Did you email them first?

I was just checking to see if they were available.

You seem to have gotten the best exchange rate ever. Good job!