Original keys............... - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Original keys...............

Featured Replies

is there a source available for original oval keys for the early 240Z ?

I took a look at your profile to guess what you mean by "early" 240Z. Looks like you have a '72, which is not an "early" 240Z. I note this because I have seen repro key blanks from Singapore on eBay for the true "early" 240Zs - i.e. the '70 and early '71 cars, a.k.a. "Series 1".

But I have not seen or heard of a source for correct original blanks for later '71 and up.

  • Author

I am speaking of the oval or round key for the model produced 04/72. The key is round with black background enhancing raised "NISSAN MOTORS" letters.

That's what I thought. That is the later, double-sided key that fits all the locks on the car. It was used from 1/71 on. I have not been able to find a source for these.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Mike, he's looking for factory blanks, not aftermarket.

I am speaking of the oval or round key for the model produced 04/72. The key is round with black background enhancing raised "NISSAN MOTORS" letters.

Edited by sblake01

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.