IGNORED

my first 240z

i have always liked the looks of the 240z, but never knew much about them. i recently had a friend by the car then 2 weeks later accepted a job offer in texas. so he offered my a great deal. i gave him my bluepoint rollaway toolbox and 400.00 cash and i got a 1973 240z. it has rust under the battery, 5 inch rust hole under passenger seat, more rust behind the passengerwheel on the cornerpanel, and some surface rust around windows and doors. no rust in gas cap area or under spare tire. i can't wait to start restoring it. any advice is gladly taken

Welcome to the site. When you get a chance, put a few pics up and don't worry about us seeing any rust. Most of us have seen our fair share of it owning one of these cars! You have the good fortune of living in the same area as a few of our seasoned members also. Have fun navigating the site and getting tips on your restoration. Lots of info here. Must have been a nice toolbox!:D

i loaded some pictures under gallery i think. i'm not the best with computers, so you guys might not get to see them until i can get my wife to help. my vin # is HLS30-66616. i know, i know 666 but i'm not counting it because it has a 16 after it. my serial # is 171321. i haven't had much time to do anything to it yet. i do need to redo th interior for sure. my buddy says the engine turns over but won't start without constantly shooting starter fluid in it. so i really don't know what exactly i have. it is kills me that i haven't had a chance to start working on it. but my job is doing a five week shutdown in july and i can't wait to start ripping into it. thanks for the messages and welcome to the site....