IGNORED

1975 280z wont start?

virtualorgasm

i know that sound retarded but iv never owned a car and this is my first! so i pretty much dont know anything about mechanics

(btw the car was parked for 9 1/2 years)

i just bought the car sunday and I

changed the oil and put new oil filter

filled it with gas after checking for rust in the tank itself

filled it with antifreeze

filled with clutch fluid if that even exists

replaced spark plugs and those cables attached to them :P

put in new battery

after i did all this i pumped the clutch to get the fluid going then tried to start the car but no go

so my friend told me to turned the key slowly this time to try and hear the fuel pump going but didnt hear it? He said hes going to get some sort of combustible fluid to put in idk where to see if the car starts ???

(he said it was starter fluid):)

could this just be the fuel pump or something else

any ideas??

For those who want to know the interior is pretty much gone ahhaha

Edited by virtualorgasm
wrong shat

Waaaaay to vague........Sounds like your 'friend' is going to shoot starting fluid into the intake. Perhaps he "pretty much dont know anything about mechanics" either. That is likely the worst thing that you can do to an automotive engine that hasn't been run for a long period of time. That stuff is basically butane and ether propelled by C02. Easiest way I know of the spin bearings. That stuff is not even good to use in lawnmower engines.....

Edited by sblake01

Assume nothing in the car works, and start replacing things. Could be mechanical or electircal. You did the battery and fluids. Now assume your starter is froze, and then go to your alt(it will need to be replaced almost idefenitely). Then work your way into fuses and trace electircal problems backwards. The problem is you might replace all this and find out that the engine is blown?? If you have no exp, then you need to go off common sense. If you have a hard time with common sense ( in the mechanicle spectrum) This could end up costing you thousands to get it started?? Be careful things add up quick.

thanks for the advice guys :)

im probably way in over my head here ahahah phuck it i have nothing but time

Also do you guys know any good sites for the Z's interior

so far iv been looking at

www.thezstore.com

www.datsunrestore.com ( im not sure this sites is legit tho )

Any sites for parts?

this is what iv found. any others

www.autohausaz.com

www.thepartsbin.com

www.blackdragonauto.com

• 2 weeks later...
Assume nothing in the car works, and start replacing things. Could be mechanical or electircal. You did the battery and fluids. Now assume your starter is froze, and then go to your alt(it will need to be replaced almost idefenitely). Then work your way into fuses and trace electircal problems backwards. The problem is you might replace all this and find out that the engine is blown?? If you have no exp, then you need to go off common sense. If you have a hard time with common sense ( in the mechanicle spectrum) This could end up costing you thousands to get it started?? Be careful things add up quick.
Are you being 'hypothetical' or is that really your advice? You're saying to replace things one by one until the car runs? Where's this 'common sense' you speak of in that or any other spectrum? Ever heard of troubleshooting? Less costly and eliminates the replacement of working parts:stupid: (mechanicle=mechanical in your world, I'm guessing.)

virtualorgasm, I wouldn't worry much about finding sites for any of the cosmetic or aftermarket stuff until you get the mechanical end of things sorted out. It takes time, and you'll learn. Just watch out for some of the advice you get here or anywhere else. It's usually not worth much more than you pay for it:)

Edited by sblake01