IGNORED

280zx flywheel info needed.

Zer

Hello guys.

I have searched ,and didn't found the info i need about a '79 280zx manual flywheel.

I am currently rebuilding my Zx and looking at a used flywheel as i can't afford a new one .

Mine is now missing a few teeths,because of a faulty starter,but she stills on the car.

I got a guy near me that got a Bunch of z and zx parts but he don't remember which part goes on which car....

So i whould need to know what is the diameter and how much teeths a '79 l28e manual flywheel have.

if you had a pic of it it whould be awsome

and if you have any other idea how i could know if it's the right one for my car,dont hesitate.

Thanks a lot.

Right,

But right now the car sits in my parking lot.Which is made of Gravel and got a nice inclination. No garage :(

this summer i will be able to give her a better place...

This is why i asked about the specs.

Anyway thanks SBlake01

if someone can give me those infos,you whould help me a lot

Hello guys.

I have searched ,and didn't found the info i need about a '79 280zx manual flywheel.

I am currently rebuilding my Zx and looking at a used flywheel as i can't afford a new one .

Mine is now missing a few teeths,because of a faulty starter,but she stills on the car.

I got a guy near me that got a Bunch of z and zx parts but he don't remember which part goes on which car....

So i whould need to know what is the diameter and how much teeths a '79 l28e manual flywheel have.

if you had a pic of it it whould be awsome

and if you have any other idea how i could know if it's the right one for my car,dont hesitate.

Thanks a lot.

302 mm diameter, 120 teeth.

As far as I know - all 280Z, 280ZX flywheels are the same. The exceptions are the 2+2 and Turbo's. Likewise the starters are interchangable.

As I recall - the 240/260Z's are the same as the 280Z/280ZX flywheels... The clutch pressure plates and disc are interchangable as well - same exceptions for the 2+2's and Turbo.'s.

FWIW,

Carl B.

I found my spare and measured it and came up with basically the same measurements as did Nigel1943. Mine is a 2+2 flywheel. The outer diameter and number of teeth are the same. Where they are different is in the friction area. 225mm for the standard and 243mm for the 2+2/turbo.

• 2 weeks later...

I got some News.

The guy found a 302 top-of-teeth to top-of-teeth diameter w/ 120 teeths.

he said that ''E30'' is written on it....

what does it means if it means something ?

I went to my local Nissan dealer.

A brand new flywheel is 400 canadian $

A ring gear alone is 120 Can $

Now i just need to figure out what is the best option

-a new ring gear ,rust-free,with a little warranty(if it dont fit i go back there...) =120 $

- a surface rusted flywheel that might not be the right one ,with shipping($$) =depend how much he sells it ,if he tells me one day (...)

both will need to be resurfaced anyway

Thank you for your help ,