IGNORED

I know she is not a Z, but she's good look'n

Just a garage update and an addition to the stable. 1929 Ford Model A Roadster. This roadster was purchased from the founder and CEO of Mako Marine out of Miami (he has sold the company several years ago to Tracker Boats and Bass Outdoor). The last time she was tagged was in 1988. She has been in a climate controlled garage next to a completely restored 1957 Ford Thunderbird (beautiful car and also for sale - contact me if you are interested).

I have already lubed the piston rings and hand rotated the engine after a couple of days of soaking. I have replaced the interior fuel shut off under the gas tank (inside the car) and cleaned the sediment tank and carb. I installed a new condenser and plugs. I detailed the car inside and out and it is spotless, a A#1 restoration many years ago. I did have to buy new Firestones for her and damn, they were expensive with the whitewalls but that is the way she should look going down the road. The tires I had replaced had perfect tread but had dry rotted due to the time the car was stored and the tires were on the concrete floor. This winter I will pull the engine clean it up and repaint Ford Green.

If it will stop raining long enough I am going to awaken this sleeping beauty this afternoon or tomorrow.

I am going to be selling my 1930 Tudor to make room for the Datsun (damn, I need a bigger garage!:mad:) The '72 Z is in one of my relatives garage until I can get the '30 sold........anybody looking for a Tudor??

post-14147-14150806585522_thumb.jpg

post-14147-14150806586179_thumb.jpg

Wow! I love the car. I have always been a big fan of the old Fords. When I was a kid my fathers boss had an old pick up from the 20's or very early 30's. I think it was an A. He would let us take it for a drive on occasions. I remember my father being very nervous about the mechanical brakes, he would pull back on the steering wheel and press the brakes at the same time, I was too young to understand the difference between those and hydraulic brakes and never fully understood why we traveled so much slower than the other cars on the road. Of course we only took it out on Sunday mornings when the traffic was low. I had to have the lower part of the windshield pushed out for the airflow, I thought it was too cool.

That was in the 70's. The car is still parked in the same garage, probably with a big coat of dust on it. It has not been driven in many years. Thanks for posting your car. Take more pictures!

Beautiful car! We usually get a few of them at our church's annual car show. It always amazes me that cars from that era worked at all.

I can relate to the need for a bigger garage... my father in law has repeatedly remarked about storing "that **** rice burner" in the garage while my wife's 08 Mustang sits out in the rain.:rolleyes:

But the Mustang, being a much newer car can take the rain. The Z would dissolve I am afraid.

Beautiful car! We usually get a few of them at our church's annual car show. It always amazes me that cars from that era worked at all.

I can relate to the need for a bigger garage... my father in law has repeatedly remarked about storing "that **** rice burner" in the garage while my wife's 08 Mustang sits out in the rain.:rolleyes:

But the Mustang, being a much newer car can take the rain. The Z would dissolve I am afraid.

That is a good looking Ford. I also agree that the Z needs the garage or it would dissolve into a rust pile! ;)

Edited by 1973Z

Thanks for the kind words. I just freed up some room today and will be able to get my Z back in the garage on Sunday. I agree with everybody, these cars IMO are beautiful and are very basic with the 4 cyl (4 banger) engine.

I don't know if any of you have every driven a Model A but it is a very relaxing type of drive.

Zguitar71 - You should check out that pick up and send me a PM what it is and the condition of it.......oh, by the way, how about some revese zebra humbuckers........gotta love the 70's!!