240z Ignition Switch- Removing Screws - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

240z Ignition Switch- Removing Screws

Featured Replies

I'm installing a new ignition switch on my 240z and I've run into a frustrating problem. There are 2 screws mounting the ignition switch to the steering column and I have no idea how to remove them. The only way I can think of is to use an screw extractor drill bit to remove the screws. Is there any better way to remove them? Any way will work, even if it means breaking the old ignition switch.

Edited by lm71z

Brad, it's time you were introduced to the Search function here. Virtually every new thread you have started with a question has been answered before - not just once, but many times. Please make an effort to look for previous answers before starting a brand new thread.

A quick search for "ignition switch screws" turned up this thread, among others.

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25965

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.