IGNORED

What is this part???

Palmer

• 3 weeks later...

The picture of the thingy in Palmer's post looks to be different than the thingy posted in the link by Stephen. Stephen's link shows a plate below the level of the mustache bar whereas the the picture in Palmer's post is above it. My first thought was bracket for electronic fuel pump, but that is on a 280 and I don't know if those have an electronic fuel pump there like on a 73 240z. I took my electronic fuel pump off, but I think that is where it would go if it was still there.

Marc

Edited by warcmalla

You guys dont know... its where the flux capacitor goes! :P I guess the question is if you were going to install some thing there what would it be? my guess would be a pre-filter for a 280z. i would think you would install a pre filter before the fuel damper.

What is this part on the right rear hangar and it's function? I know it needs to be under the stache bar but everything isn't in 'tight' yet. Just wondering what the frack this flap thing does...

Are you sure it's on the correct side? If it were on the other side it would protect the mustache bar bushing from exhaust heat. After taking a closer look, no it wouldn't. Huh. What's behind it?

Steve

Edited by doradox
Need new glasses

It actually hangs down off of the mustache bar on the right side. I've seen this on all 280's. The hanger is metal with a rubber like square patch material on it. I'll get a better picure of it and post it soon. I didn't reattach it, need to clean it up a little..

The picture of the thingy in Palmer's post looks to be different than the thingy posted in the link by Stephen. Stephen's link shows a plate below the level of the mustache bar whereas the the picture in Palmer's post is above it. My first thought was bracket for electronic fuel pump, but that is on a 280 and I don't know if those have an electronic fuel pump there like on a 73 240z. I took my electronic fuel pump off, but I think that is where it would go if it was still there.

Marc

According to Palmer's own description, we're talking about the same part. Read the second sentence in the original post. And we're talking about 280Z's. Still don't know it's purpose, however. We may never know! Edited by sblake01