IGNORED

Time to say hello.

Hello classiczcar members. I must say that I have been on the site searching and searching for a quite a while. I decided it was long over due to introduce myself. I live in Longview, WA and I have had my 1973 240z for a little over a year now. I picked it up down in Portland, OR and have done quite a bit to it to get it on the road and recently started tearing it down for some rust repair and paint prep. It had been sitting for 10 years in a garage and was the same owner for last 20 years. I've loaded just a few pictures in my album to start, unfortunately I didn't take many before I started taking it apart so most of them are just repair shots. To get on the road I've replaced the gas tank, installed poly bushings, replaced a stub axle, installed a R200 3.9 rear end and ZX 5speed among some other little things. It has some rust, but overall could be worse. I've replaced the dog legs and hatch sill so far. The floor pans and frame rails are not showing major problems that I can see. The worst rust seems to be in the doors. I plan on painting it the original white.

I appreciate the knowledge that this site provides.

Thanks, Marc

Hi Mark:

Good to see you here.

It looks like you caught most of the rust before it did any significant damage. Doglegs are to be expected... and it looks like you've done a good job on them. Smart to do both at the same time.

Keep at it - spring is just around the corner.... and the driving is beautiful in your part of America.

FWIW,

Carl B.