IGNORED

Just saying hello

76Zman

I don't know much about this site or where to go but thought i would jump and say hello. I'm a first time owner of the z car, pick up a really nice 76 280z 2+2 all orig this Christmas, always wanted one after years of looking. This car runs and drives really sweet, I wish there was a way to install power steering to it, I think that would really set it off. I bought it to drive and enjoy and later maybe a body kit. But for now it's fine just the way it is. I Hope to get to know a few of Z fans as time goes on and I'm sure I'll have some moments where I'll need to count on you for answers. Glad to be a part of you club. Cheers, Mike.

Hi Mike:

Good to see you here. I'm sure there are several people on this site that will be glad to tell you where to goROFL

At one time, there was an article somewhere that outlined using a Ford Mustang II Power Steering system on the 280Z 2+2. So if you really want or need P/S it can be done. Just a matter of time and money...

I'm sure you will enjoy the Z...

Carl B.

Hey Carl:

Thanks for the warm welcome, yeah I've been told before, and lived though it.

As for the Power Steering, It would be nice but its not like I can't live with out it. I'm enjoying the car as much as possible, we still have snow on the ground here in MI but when the roads are dry I try to take it for a spin, it's a little cold blooded to start when the temp is low teens and takes it a few min to idle correctly, but for the most part every things works and runs really good.

Lot's of good info on this site and for the most part every one is great on helping some one out.

Thanks for the info Carl.

Cheers

Mike