SU Choke problem - Carburetor Central - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

SU Choke problem

Featured Replies

I am having trouble starting my 72 240 in the morning. I was working on the SU’s and noticed that the choke linkage was loose. When the choke is pulled back the jet’s are not dropping. How do I tighten this up so the choke operates correctly. Also the jet’s are turning instead of droping.

  • 1 month later...

you're prob. running to much choke...is it still an L24? or are you running SUs on an L28? ...maybe you have a vac leak...or a bad choke cable

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.