New guy from OH - Introductions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

New guy from OH

Featured Replies

Hi, I am from Ohio, and i got my 240z when i was 14. I have had my 1972 240z for about 5 years now, and have had many other cars but the Z is still my first car. The car was in really bad shape as it had been taken apart by a teenager 10 years before i got the car and then sat. Had the outside of the car redone with new metal welded in, in rust spots. Painted the car with Lemans Sunset paint, and have been working on getting it back on the road ever since. I tried seriously to get it on the road last summer but ran into a lot of problems. The main one being that the car decided it didn't want to start after sitting for about a year. It will turnover but wont fire. It just kinda sputters for about a second. So, we replaced the fuel filter, the coil, new plugs, and a few other things but the car still wont start. I think my carbs may need rebuilt? Anyway, i am hoping to have my 240 on the road this summer and enjoy driving it and maybe meet some Z people along the way.

Here is a pic of my car a couple of years ago when it had just been painted.

post-18625-14150805946738_thumb.jpg

Hey, welcome to the site! I have seen that color on a Z or two and I really like it. Hopefully you can get your problem solved in time to drive it this summer. Theres lots of knowledgeable folks here that might be able to help you out.

Where are you in Ohio? There's a great club in Cleveland, and they hosted the national convention last fall. :laugh:

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.