Flickering Lights - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Flickering Lights

Featured Replies

This morning when I turned on my running lights (right after starting the engine) I noticed that they were flickering along with my instrument lights.

The car ran as normal and after driving for a few miles the flckering settled down and went away.

The car is a 71 daily driver with no previous issues like this.

I have a new alternator and new battery.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

The alternator might have a bad diode.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.