Put on the back burner... :( - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Put on the back burner... :(

Featured Replies

Well I came to the conclusion in October that I had a blown head gasket. Then my wife got laid off in November so the Z has been put on the back burner for now. I was hoping to get it all fixed up this winter so she would be ready for spring and summer but I don’t think that’s going to happen. :cry: I totally miss driving her!!! I swear I go thru withdraws.:stupid:

Mine sat for over ten years and then eighteen months to put her back together. So, I do understand the back burner statement. The wait was all worth it in the end.

Mine sat for 26 years in the same spot. There is still hope. Took two years to get it road worthy. When I drove it for the first time (after sitting) I couldn't remember if I was 23 or 53.

Bonzi Lon

Make sure you take all of the precautions for a car that will sit for a while. Especially fuel stabilizer.

  • Author

Im hoping she wont sit long. Just till spring. Then I should have some money to get the head gasket replaced.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.