IGNORED

'71 fusible link connection

Da Flash

I've been hunting down the cause of an intermittent "no crank" issue that appears to caused by a shaky fusible link to harness connection. The white plastic connector on the harness is brittle and 60-70% gone!! I can cobble it back together with dielectric grease and eletrical tape but, I would rather replace the brittle connector with a new one (if that's even doable!)

I thought about havesting one from a junkyard 240 but, it would be ~37 years old too!

Any suggestions on how to make this connection water/corrosion proof again??

I would consider getting a new suitable connector and a new f-link (keep the old one as a spare). The dealer/Nissan may even have them in inventory.

I have in the past used dielectric grease on the plastic/vinyl/rubber of the connection and outside the connection (not "at" or "on" the metal-to-metal connection, as dielectric grease is not a good conductor of electricity).

Edited by DeesZ

Why don't you guys take a few good pictures of the connector in question, and I'll see what I can do about finding that particular one. As you probably already know, I'm pretty good with sourcing Datsun connectors and such.

Pics please :classic:

Dave

P.S.

The only thing Di-electric grease does, is protect the metal from the elements like water and air. Therefore slowing any possible oxidation and errosion. Coat your bulbs and sockets and terminals to proctect them but be aware that hi heat from too much amperage with eliminate the grease.

Edited by Zs-ondabrain