Stock wheel help - Wheels & Brakes - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Stock wheel help

Featured Replies

I was looking at the stock rims that came with my car and figured with a little work would kinda look reminescent of the old porsche 550's. If I keep them, I want to replace the valve stems and this odd plug beside it. What is this plug? Is it a fuse plug like what's used on aircraft rims, that pops when overpressured from overheating? Regardless, where can I find a replacement?

Is anyone else running the stock wheels painted or chromed with out hubcaps? Pics!

The only wheels I know of that have that extra plug are the ones used for inflatable spare tires. But four on one car? How about a picture?

Steve

The only pictures of stock rims I have ever seen only have one hole for one valve stem. There is only one hole punched through the hubcap as well.

I have seen an S30 w/o hubcaps, gloss black stock rims and thin whitewalls. Kind of a unique look.

Keeping with the Porsche theme, were you thinking of removing the hubcaps, painting them silver and gluing five lugnuts around the outer rim?:confused:

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.