IGNORED

A Knight in My Shining Z

GirlyGirl1Z

Hey All.

Last year I was aka STAYZ75Z. Now I am GirlyGirl1Z. The year before last I owned 4 Z cars with my husband- MC75Z. '73 240 Z, '74 260 Z, '75 280 Z and a '77 280 Z. I told all of you a story that I really couldn't believe was real but it was because it was happening to me. The year 2007 was the worst year of my entire life and will forever be in my head and heart. It was the year I lost my best friend, husband and "my fairytale life" as I believed I had. I am not saying I was a prissy princess sitting around eating bon-bons all day but what I am saying is that I was living the life I had always dreamed about having when I was a little girl. This man in a stunning gunmetal gray 1975 280 Z car entered my life and I was home.

Let me tell you one thing- You CAN see a "Knight" during the day. Ha, Ha, Ha! I was close to what I thought was the lowest point in my life when you won't believe this but another "Knight with 2 Shining Z's" came into my life. Only this time he was there to "save me from a distance" with no questions asked. And you know who you are. At the time you stepped up and was there for me you were exactly what kept me from going over the edge. You will always hold a special place in my heart. This "Knight" purchased my '77 280 Z even though he already had 2 Z cars of his own. I also have some photos that I might put on here of the car on a car hauler on her way to her new home. The end of 2007 finally came and thank god it did. I had to start thinking about a new year ahead. 2008 WAS GOING TO BE BETTER! Guess what? It was because I was going to make it. I am still here and I figure that "I am like a fine wine & cheese- I get better with age"!!!!!!!! I so far have gone from over 220 lbs. to 175 lbs. and still losing, my husbands baby- our '75 280 Z car, our cat Callie, a new job, a new place to live and I can think of the great times instead of being sad all of the time.

I hope all of this isn't too sappy but I wanted everyone to know something- Everything we do with our time on this earth- it is always better with a "Knight in a Shining Z" in it.

Stacey Pike- Cornish

El Cajon, Calif.

1975 280 Z Coupe

"Drive Fast- Take Chances"

I am sorry to hear about all the sorrow you have had in your life this past year. It takes a strong person to keep going when all seems lost. I am glad you had someone to help you through it. You have a tremendous attitude and I wish you the best of luck with your life to come. Keep us up to date with things and keep the faith.

Carl

Thanks so much. I have to have faith and now luck just goes hand and hand. I may have lost my husband last year and my father 2 months after that but I will always have him and what he loved most around me forever. His beautiful gray Z car that I fell in love with first- but he didn't mind. He knew that she was meant to be mine and I his.

Stacey

1975 280 Z Coupe

"Drive Fast- Take Chances"

Edited by GirlyGirl1Z
forgot to put my car in

Welcome back, Stacey! I recall the trials that you were going through a while back, then you dropped off the screen. I'm heartened to hear that you have overcome the heartbreaks that were thrown your way.... back on your feet and behind the wheel! Welcome back.

Thanx so much. I know. I really didn't want to stop coming here because everyone I have had the pleasure of getting help from or for just whatever had been so nice but stuff happens. Thanx for the "welcome back".

Now I have photos also from when I took the front of the engine off to change the timing chain tensioner. That was a job! BUT SHE RAN the first time I started her. And like Murphy's Law -little things start to quit working. Right now someone at my sisters house took my oil pump that was going on my car so I could drive her. They are just jealous. Now I have to get $100. up for a new one. Soon- very soon.

GTG,

Stacey Pike- Cornish