High beam wire - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

High beam wire

Featured Replies

hi, does anybody knows what is the color of the wire for the hi beam? I am building my own harness but i am not sure what color is it, according to the diagrams I think it could be the RW wire.

Thank you

hi, does anybody knows what is the color of the wire for the hi beam? I am building my own harness but i am not sure what color is it, according to the diagrams I think it could be the RW wire.

Thank you

It's a large gauge (12 ga?) red/ white wire and it splits near the right headlight.

  • Author

Thanks Dave, can you help me out with one more question about the Headlight:

For the Right Headlight:

Red Wire.- is the power for the low beam

Red White.- Is the power for the High Beam

Red Black.- What is it for?

For the Left Headlight:

Red Yellow.- is the power for the low beam

Red White.- Is the power for the High Beam

Red Black.- What is it for?

I know the RB wire is for both headlights and it goes to the combo switch

Thank you

Edited by GILDIA

Thanks Dave, can you help me out with one more question about the Headlight:

For the Right Headlight:

Red Wire.- is the (+) power for the right headlight

Red White.- Is the (-) High Beam wire

Red Black.- is the (-) low beam wire

For the Left Headlight:

Red Yellow.- is the power for the left headlight

Red White.- Is the (-) High Beam wire

Red Black.- is the (-) low beam wire

  • Author

Thanks Dave, With this info i think i can finish my harness. I'll post the pictures once I am done.

Thank you

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.