replacement oil pressure sending unit - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

replacement oil pressure sending unit

Featured Replies

Can anyone reccomend a specific oil pressure sending unit and guage to replace the stock one?

Thanks

For what Year and Model?

Different years had different sending unit voltages, ohms, etc.

I have thought about changing gauges too, but since we have dual gauges in each housing finding an aftermarket equivelent is difficult.

I know 2 guys and seen their solutions:

a) A-pillar gauge pods

B) Gauge pod attached to bottom edge of dash

Both work. For me, the A-pillar makes me self-conscience that I will hit them with my head twice (did it once). And depending on where you put the pod under the dash will alter visibility and knee-damage. He attached them near the center console, which gave decent leg-room, and good visibility, even if around/through the steering wheel.

JC Whitney (www.jcwhitney.com) has the generic pods Rico used for mounting under the dash (2 screw holes generally). I do not know where Sean got the A-pillar pods.

  • Author

Thanks for the replies. I am getting the typical low pressure reading on the OEM gauge and want to try a gauge that uses an oil line to get actual pressure readings. I understand the sending unit thread is British Standard Thread and that most aftermarket gauges use National Pipe Thread, so I'm wondering if the typical aftermarket gauge will work. Or where I can find a BST to NPT adapter. I would probably only use the gauge temporarily to see the readings.

Thanks

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.