Mouldings - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Mouldings

Featured Replies

Hey guys, I ve been seeing a lot of Z's with black mouldings. Ive searched everywhere for those parts but i cant seem to find them. Are they even available or are all the people just sanding down the chrome and painting them black?

Either painted or powdercoated.

Don't think there's another way.

E

Which mouldings are you talking about?

I assume he is speaking of the stainless trim around the windows, possibly the door handles and locks as well. I have looked into having these powdercoated when i strip my car down for painting. Ive been told powdercoating is the only way to go, sanding painting will flake over time. I still remember older G.M. cars, notably Firebirds and Camaros that had the blacked out trim around the windows and it would peel off in sheets :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.