IGNORED

Passenger side rear end sag solved?

I took the Z in to a muffler shop to get a price to install my new MagnaFlow. While it was up on the lift, I noticed something that I think might explain the rear end sag I'm having on the passenger side. It looks like the pass. side rear control arm (if thats the right term) is upside down. But then I look in my Haynes manual, and the diagram there looks like mine does. So is something installed wrong here, or does it just look that way?

post-14988-14150803699588_thumb.jpg

post-14988-14150803700291_thumb.jpg

post-14988-14150803700962_thumb.jpg

post-14988-14150803701542_thumb.jpg

No, that's actually correct. The control arms are the same on each side so one one them has to be mounted upside-down compared to the other. Sag is more likely caused by a worn out spring.

I thought the same thing when I first looked under my car. Easily done.

By the looks of the surface rust, the rear end may benefit from dropping and overhauling anyway. I'd be also thinking about a rear sway bar to compliment the new urethane, springs and shocks that you may add.

Price it up, and budget for the change. You can do all of it yourself, but hire or borrow a spindle pin puller to save yourself the grief. Just a thought. You won't regret it.

Thanks for the input guys. Boy MikeW, I wish my rear end looked like that one! :nervous: So I guess I am back to my original thought to explain the rear end sagging, failing spring.

240znz, I'm planning to do the rear end this Winter. I'm dropping everything, powdercoating all of the metal, installing new spring (Arizona Z maybe), bushings and new struts. Probably gonna change out the 3.36 R180 for a 3.70 while I'm at it. I just got the car last Winter, and spent all that time fixing the rust, doing the engine, front suspension and the brakes so I didn't have time to get into the rear end.