81 ZX turbo - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

81 ZX turbo

Featured Replies

I just Got A 81 280 ZX turbo for a 100. bucks. 2 weeks and 200. bucks later I got it on the road . moter runs fantastic steers like a dream . but once in a wile i thare is a strange whire . sounds like mabe the turbo? I fix any thing but never had a tubo. not the fan. Sounds like the berings in turbo? The car sat for 1 1/2 years and every thing works. I used to have a 72 240 but it died when I hit a cow in the middel of the road one night. I made a datsun z truck out of it .ill post a pic when i have more time. If it is the turbo can i over haul it?

I like the price... want to sell it for $100.00

A turbo will whinge more as you rev it more - that's just the nature of hte thing... it's probably that...

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

the turbo just died the wine was it grinding itself to death NOT repairable now.

  • 2 weeks later...
S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.